Saturday, May 17, 2008

Commentary on Salvation

Dear Readers,

I write to you today with commentary on the letters that I previous sent about salvation. Since sending them, I have received a many comments and questions in private on these matters. I wish to address these in this letter.

The chief of these questions has been whether or not I believe that salvation is attained through works alone, as it is apparent in my previous letters. I tell you this now, I have not reached a final conclusion on the nature of salvation. The letters that I sent to you on the matter were based on the question "What does it say of salvation in the synoptic gospels? What did Jesus say on the matter in them?". This question is but a fraction of the larger question on what is the nature of salvation.

I have withheld my belief totally in that salvation is attained through works. This is due to the fact that I am but starting my journey on the nature of salvation and but have reached a waypoint.

The purpose of my previous letters were to invoke thought on the meaning of salvation, as many take to their tradition without seeking the answers for themselves. This is not to say that tradition doesn't plays an important part in our faith, but if not taken care of carefully it can become a hindrance. Many take sola fide on faith, as it were, without consideration of other means. To point out these other means as I discovered them to those who have read my letters was to help inspire people to as in the words of Paul "work out your own salvation through fear and trembling."

Another question I have received is whether or not I villainize Paul. The answer to this question, is a resounding no. I regard him an example to all brothers in Messiah as Peter. He did great sins against Jesus and his followers, as Peter denied Jesus as he was lead to execution, but in the end turned, repented, and became great leaders to the gatherings of Jesus. His authentic epistles, also point to the earliest church gatherings and beliefs held by various gatherings, including his own.

He is the patron saint of myself for if it was not for him, then I my not have been a follower in the Messiah Jesus, for I like many, are Gentile. I hold him in high regard, but I wish to find the beliefs during the time that the apostles preached till the time Paul came to become a brother in the Messiah. For this means I may have appeared to villanized him as "corrupting" the message of Jesus. In that regard, he has not corrupted but has developed a higher christology than the synoptic gospels did.

I hope that these have clarified the beforehand epistles, and brought you into the insight that I have had when writing them.

As always, may the peace of the Lord Messiah Jesus be upon you.

- Ιάσων

No comments: